In this guide there is a step-by-step walkthrough you can use when installing an eSIM on your Oppo device.
Installing an eSIM manually
Before attempting to install the eSIM there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally you will need to be connected to Wi-Fi or have a good internet connection.
- An eSIM compatible device - If you are unsure whether your device is compatible with eSIMs, please check the following article: List of compatible devices
- The device isn't locked to one Mobile Network - If you are unsure whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, please check the following article: Locked/unlocked devices
Do not forget to turn on Data Roaming once the installation is complete.
1. Go into Settings and tap on Mobile network.
2. Tap eSIM.
3. Tap Add eSIM.
4. Tap Next.
5. When the QR code screen comes up tap Need help.
6. Tap Enter it manually.
7. To be able to Manually install the eSIM, you will need your SMDP+ Address and SMDP+ Activation Code. You must enter in the format of "1$SMDP+ Address$SMDP+ Activation Code". The code will end up looking something similar to the screenshot below.
8. Tap download and it will enable the installation process. Note: Do NOT close this window else the installation may fail.