In this guide there is a step-by-step walkthrough you can use when installing an eSIM on your Xiaomi device.
Installing an eSIM Manually
Before attempting to install the eSIM, there are three main things you will need:
- A strong internet connection - Ideally you will need to be connected to Wi-Fi or have a good internet connection.
- An eSIM compatible device - If you are unsure whether your device is compatible with eSIMs, please check the following article: List of compatible devices
- The device is network unlocked - If you are unsure whether or not your device is locked to a certain network, please check the following article: Locked/unlocked devices
Do not forget to turn on Data Roaming once the installation is complete.
1. Go into Settings and tap into SIM cards & mobile networks.
2. Scroll down until you see the option Manage eSIM and tap on it.
3. Tap Add mobile plan.
4. Tap Add manually instead.
5. To be able to Manually install the eSIM, you will need your SMDP+ Address and SMDP+ Activation Code. You must enter in the format of "1$SMDP+ Address$SMDP+ Activation Code". The code should end up looking something similar to the photo below.
6. Tap add and it will enable the installation process.
7. Please allow up to 10 minutes for the eSIM to activate.
8. Once the eSIM has finished installing, tap Got it.
9. Please make sure your Data Roaming is toggled On.
10. Tap Turn on.
11. The Data Roaming toggle should appear as below on the installed eSIM.
12. The eSIM is now installed and set up.